The Criminal Intelligence Certified Analyst (CICA) is the second tier of the IALEIA Professional Certification Program. This tier is intended for individuals who have demonstrated professional achievement in the intelligence analysis field through experience, training and development, and analytical competency. This tier is intended for individuals who have gained practical experience in their professional career.
- have been a Regular member in good standing for at least one (1) year (from date of application) who adheres to the IALEIA code of ethical and professional conduct;
- provide a certificate of completion for the qualifying intelligence course OR current status as a Basic Analyst Classification holder;
- possess full-time employment in a criminal intelligence or analysis position in the government, criminal justice agency, military, or private sector;
- possess cumulative years of qualifying employment (see criteria above) and education (diplomas must be provided, if applicable):
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) and three (3) years work experience
- Associate’s degree and five (5) years works experience
- No degree and seven (7) years work experience
- currently assigned to a job function that involves the application of analytic and intelligence techniques and methods;
- provide a copy of their official position description;
- submit the CICA online application and related fee; and,
- The fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee approval of application
- For applicants unable to access the online application, a downloadable version is available
- schedule to take the within two (2) years of application approval.
- The examination may be taken up to three (3) times; however the $100.00 (USD) fee must be paid each time an examination is scheduled.
The CICA certification will be awarded after successfully completing the applications process and passing the examination with a minimum composite score of 70%.