The Criminal Intelligence Certified Analyst (CICA) is the second tier of the IALEIA Professional Certification Program. This tier is intended for individuals who have demonstrated professional achievement in the intelligence analysis field through experience, training and development, and analytical competency. This tier is intended for individuals who have gained practical experience in their professional career.
- be a Regular member in good standing for one (1) year who adheres to the IALEIA code of ethical and professional conduct;
- provide a certificate of completion for the qualifying intelligence course OR current status as a Basic Analyst Classification holder;
- hold a Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years work experience OR an Associate’s degree and five (5) years works experience OR no degree and seven (7) years work experience;
- Applicants using a college degree in lieu of experience to qualify for the CICA, must include a copy of their diploma in the application package.
- provide a copy of their official position description;
- submit the CICA online application and related fee; and,
- For applicants unable to access the online application, a downloadable version is available
- schedule to take the within two (2) years of application approval.
- The examination may be taken up to three (3) times; however the $100.00 (USD) fee must be paid each time an examination is scheduled.
The CICA certification will be awarded after successfully completing the applications process and passing the examination with a minimum composite score of 70%.