IALEIA has identified the following recommeded study materials to assist those preparing for the IALEIA CICA examination. The majority of required information related to the examination can be found within these publications.
- Criminal Intelligence for the 21st Century (2011), LEIU & IALEIA
- Law Enforcement Intelligence: A Guide for State, Local, and Tribal Law Enforcement Agencies (2009), D. Carter
- Criminal Intelligence: Manual for Analysts (2011), United Nations
- Law Enforcement Analytic Standards (2012), IALEIA & Global Justice Information Sharing Initiative
- Psychology of Intelligence Analysis (1999), R. Heuer
- A Tradecraft Primer: Structured Analytic Techniques for Improving Intelligence Analysis (2009), US Government
- Critical Thinking and Intelligence Analysis (2007), D. Moore