ScholarshipsIALEIA continues to strive for professionalism in the intelligence analysis career field through promoting and supporting career development and continuing education. In support of this mission the following scholarship opportunities are offered to assist with future endeavors.
IALEIA 2018 Education Scholarship
In 2018, one $1,000 (USD) scholarship will be awarded to a deserving student. The application process will take place in the spring of 2018. The scholarship will be announced at the 2018 IALEIA annual conference in Anaheim, California. Only the scholarship award winner will be contacted. The deadline for applying is February 17, 2018.
Any active IALEIA member, or immediate family member of an active IALEIA member, who is enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution, is eligible to apply for the scholarship. Eligibility is based on full-time or part-time enrollment in an accredited college/university, and can be on campus or via distance-learning. The applicant must be a student in the disciplines of intelligence, analysis, statistics, criminal justice or other related undergraduate or graduate program. Other areas of study may be considered in the event that no viable applications are received from the specified disciplines.
IALEIA board members and their immediate family members are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Members of the Scholarship Committee and/or reviewers of essays may not be related in any way to any applicant under consideration for the scholarship award.
Eligible academic institutions:
Accredited by an official accreditation body for the applicable location/country.
Accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC), if the academic institution and/or degree program is online.
- A combination of the above.
- Essay is to have a 1500 word minimum and 2000 word maximum.
- Essays must be submitted in WORD PERFECT, MS WORD, TXT or PDF format to Scholarships@ialeia.org
- No special characters or symbols may be used in essays.
- No graphics, tables, charts, or other filler material allowed.
- Essays must be submitted in English.
- A letter of acceptance for the current 2017-2018 school year at an accredited post- secondary institution and/or a letter from a facility advisor on institution letterhead indicating the applicant is enrolled as a student in the fall semester must accompany the essay as a separate attachment.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
IALEIA 2018 Training Conference Scholarships
The IALEIA Scholarship Committee is awarding two conference registration scholarships (value of $450.00 USD each) to attend the IALEIA/LEIU Training Conference April 9-13, 2018 in Anaheim, California. The deadline for applying is February 10, 2018.
Association of Former Intelligence Officers Scholarship
The Association of Former Intelligence Officers sponsors scholarships for students studying or desiring careers in intelligence.
Eligibility requirements and application guidelines are available at: http://www.afio.com