IALEIA 2020 Education Scholarship
In 2020, one $1,500 (USD) scholarship will be awarded to a deserving student. The application process will take place in the winter of 2020. The scholarship will be announced at the 2020 IALEIA annual conference in Dallas, Texas. Only the scholarship award winner will be contacted. The deadline for applying is March 1, 2020.
Christine Cerdeira, BPP Law University, London
You can read Christine's winning essay in an upcoming Intelscope.
Any active IALEIA member, or immediate family member of an active IALEIA member, who is enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution, is eligible to apply for the scholarship. Eligibility is based on full-time or part-time enrollment in an accredited college/university, and can be on campus or via distance-learning. The applicant must be a student in the disciplines of intelligence, analysis, statistics, criminal justice or other related undergraduate or graduate program. Other areas of study may be considered in the event that no viable applications are received from the specified disciplines.
- IALEIA board members and their immediate family members are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Members of the Scholarship Committee and/or reviewers of essays may not be related in any way to any applicant under consideration for the scholarship award.
- The scholarship amount will be paid directly to the institution the individual is attending.
Eligible academic institutions:
Accredited by an official accreditation body for the applicable location/country.
Accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC), if the academic institution and/or degree program is online.
- A combination of the above.
- Essay is to have a 1500 word minimum and 2000 word maximum.
- Essays must be submitted in WORD PERFECT, MS WORD, TXT or PDF format to Scholarships@ialeia.org
- No special characters or symbols may be used in essays.
- No graphics, tables, charts, or other filler material allowed.
- Essays must be submitted in English.
- A letter of acceptance for the current 2018-2019 school year at an accredited post-secondary institution and/or a letter from a faculty advisor on institution letterhead indicating the applicant is enrolled as a student in the academic year must accompany the essay as a separate attachment.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
IALEIA 2020 Training Conference Scholarships
The IALEIA Scholarship Committee is awarding two conference registration scholarships (value of $450.00 USD each) to attend the IALEIA/LEIU Training Conference. The deadline for applying is February 29, 2020.
Erin Folka, Crime Analyst Supervisor, Surrey RCMP
Second recipient requests their name be withheld