ScholarshipsIALEIA strives for professionalism in the intelligence analysis career field through promoting and supporting career development and continuing education. In support of this mission the following scholarship opportunities are offered to assist with future endeavors.
IALEIA 2019 Education Scholarship
In 2019, one $1,000 (USD) scholarship will be awarded to a deserving student. The application process will take place in the winter of 2019. The scholarship will be announced at the 2019 IALEIA annual conference in Orlando, Florida. Only the scholarship award winner will be contacted. The deadline for applying is March 1, 2019.
Colin Haynes, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
Any active IALEIA member, or immediate family member of an active IALEIA member, who is enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution, is eligible to apply for the scholarship. Eligibility is based on full-time or part-time enrollment in an accredited college/university, and can be on campus or via distance-learning. The applicant must be a student in the disciplines of intelligence, analysis, statistics, criminal justice or other related undergraduate or graduate program. Other areas of study may be considered in the event that no viable applications are received from the specified disciplines.
IALEIA board members and their immediate family members are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Members of the Scholarship Committee and/or reviewers of essays may not be related in any way to any applicant under consideration for the scholarship award.
- The scholarship amount will be paid directly to the institution the individual is attending.
Eligible academic institutions:
Accredited by an official accreditation body for the applicable location/country.
Accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC), if the academic institution and/or degree program is online.
- A combination of the above.
- Essay is to have a 1500 word minimum and 2000 word maximum.
- Essays must be submitted in WORD PERFECT, MS WORD, TXT or PDF format to Scholarships@ialeia.org
- No special characters or symbols may be used in essays.
- No graphics, tables, charts, or other filler material allowed.
- Essays must be submitted in English.
- A letter of acceptance for the current 2018-2019 school year at an accredited post-secondary institution and/or a letter from a faculty advisor on institution letterhead indicating the applicant is enrolled as a student in the academic year must accompany the essay as a separate attachment.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
IALEIA 2019 Training Conference Scholarships
The IALEIA Scholarship Committee is awarding two conference registration scholarships (value of $450.00 USD each) to attend the IALEIA/LEIU Training Conference April 29-May 3, 2019 in Orlando, Florida. The deadline for applying is February 28, 2019.
Kacy Brewer, Illinois Statewide Terrorism and Intelligence Center
Lindsay Hanway, Washington County, Oregon, Sheriff's Office