The National Criminal Intelligence Sharing Plan directed that standards for intelligence analysts be developed by IALEIA. IALEIA, at the direction of the Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, through the Global Justice Information Sharing Initiative (Global) Intelligence Working Group (GIWG), accomplished this and published a booklet entitled Law Enforcement Analytic Standards (IALEIA, 2004). The booklet set forth standards for analyst training. As outlined in this pamphlet, IALEIA members wishing to enter the Professional Certification Process (PCP,) must first successfully complete a 40 hour, basic intelligence course. The Professional Certification Committee has reviewed a number of basic intelligence courses. The courses were evaluated against the criteria, also set out in the pamphlet.
The courses reviewed to date meeting these criteria include:
- Analytical Investigation Methods – Anacapa Sciences, Inc.
- Basic Analysis Training Course - New Jersey Regional Intelligence Academy
- Basic Intelligence and Threat Analysis Course - U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Intelligence Training Academy
- Basic Intelligence Training - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security Investigations, Office of Intelligence
- Crime and Criminal Intelligence Analyst Course - U.S. Army Military Police School
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis Certificate Program - California Department of Justice and California University System
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis Training, Classroom Course - Intelligence Analysis Training, Ltd
- Criminal Analysis Course Phase I** – National Guard Bureau Counterdrug Program
- **Note: Those who have taken the Criminal Analysis Courses – National Guard Bureau Counterdrug Program prior to 2015 will need both Phase I and Phase II.
- Criminal Intelligence Analysis - Anacapa Sciences, Inc.
- Criminal Intelligence Analysis - August Analysis & Research
- Criminal Intelligence Officer/Specialist – SM&C Sciences, Inc.
- Correctional Intelligence Academy, Indiana Department of Corrections
- Federal Law Enforcement Analysts Training, Four Week Course - Drug Enforcement Administration
- Florida Law Enforcement Analyst Academy Training - Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- Foundations of Intelligence Analysis Training - IALEIA and LEIU
- Foundations of Intelligence Analysis Training, 40 hour course - National White Collar Crime Center
- Intelligence Academy - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- Intelligence Analysis Basic Course - U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Intelligence Training Academy
- Intelligence Analysis Certificate Training for Law Enforcement – Simon Fraser University, Police Studies Program
- Intelligence Analyst Training Course (Basic) - Arizona High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area
- Intelligence Analyst Training Program - Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Department of Homeland Security
- Intelligence Basic Course - Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Introduction to Crime and Intelligence Analysis - British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Introduction to Criminal Intelligence Analysis for Central America (Introducción al Análisis de Inteligencia Criminal para Centroamérica) - Justice Education Society
- Introduction to Intelligence for Law Enforcement and Intermediate Level Intelligence: Connecting the Dots (both courses required) - Ken Sanz & Associates
- Introductory Intelligence Analysis Training Program - Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Department of Homeland Security
- Operational Analyst Course – Republic of Panama, Public Security Ministry, National Police
- Police Basic Intelligence Course – Republic of Panama, Public Security Ministry, National Police
- Short Course in Intelligence Analysis - 4Knowledge Analysis Solutions
- Strategic Intelligence Analysis - Canadian Police College
- Tactical Intelligence Analysis - Canadian Police College
To request that a course be evaluated by the Certification Committee, please submit a complete syllabus to the IALEIA Professional Certification Committee: email@example.com