The below link will take you to the CICC spotlight for spring 2014. As you will see, in addition to a high-level overview of the March meeting, the spotlight also provides useful information on human trafficking, crime analysis, and an update on the National Incident Management System (NIMS) Intelligence/Investigations Functional Guidance and Field Operations Guide (as you may recall, the CICC was involved in efforts to finalize and release the NIMS document).
In addition to the attached spotlight, below are a few high-level bullet points on current activities of the CICC.
- Director Vernon Keenan has been appointed as the new Chair of the CICC, replacing Mr. Bart R. Johnson who recently retired from IACP. Director Keenan represents the Association of State Criminal Investigative Agencies (ASCIA) on the CICC and also serves on the IACP’s Investigation Operations Committee and the Dangerous Drugs and Narcotics Committee.
- Top priorities of the CICC in 2014 include:
- Developing minimum standards for advanced-level analytic training courses.
- Creating an analyst professional development road map that incorporates the basic, intermediate, and advanced analytic training standards.
- Developing a checklist for law enforcement agency executives to use as they assess agency operations, focusing on potential privacy, civil rights, and civil liberties (P/CRCL) issues.
- Outreach of new products and resources, includingthe National Criminal Intelligence Sharing Plan, Version 2.0; A Call to Action: Enhancing Officer Safety Through the Use of Event Deconfliction Systems; and the Minimum Standards for Intermediate-Level Analytic Training Courses.
- All CICC products and resources are available via the Global Information Sharing Toolkit: www.it.ojp.gov/gist.
Thank you for your feedback on the intermediate training standards for analysts during the past year.
They have now been published, and are available on our website: Resources | Minimum Standards. /sd
Criminal Intelligence Certified Analyst (CICA) Examinations Scheduled
Michigan State Police Training Academy
August 20, 2014
Time to be determined
The LEIU/IALEIA Annual Training Event was held April 8-12, 2013, in Chicago, Illinois.
We are pleased with the turnout. Thank you to our members who attended, our co-sponsor and conference partner LEIU, our vendors, the Land of Lincoln Chapter of IALEIA, and a special thanks to our conference committee and volunteers.
We hope to see you in Atlanta, GA in 2014!