IALEIA members wishing to enter the Professional Certification Program (PCP) must first successfully complete an approved 40-hour minimum, classroom-based, basic criminal intelligence analysis course.
The IALEIA Professional Certification Program follows the training recommendations outlined in the Global Justice Information Sharing Initiative/IALEIA Law Enforcement Analytic Standards, U.S. National Criminal Intelligence Sharing Plan (NCISP) and further detailed in the Minimum Criminal Intelligence Training Standards for Law Enforcement and Other Criminal Justice Agencies in the United States.
The IALEIA Professional Development Committee adopted these recommendations in relation to intelligence analysis training and professionalism standards as a guide to provide a uniform and broadly accepted platform upon which to base the IALEIA Professional Certification Program.
A number of criminal intelligence analysis courses have been evaluated against these standards. The courses approved to date include:
- Analytical Investigation Methods – Anacapa Sciences, Inc.
- Basic Analysis Training Course - New Jersey Regional Intelligence Academy
- Basic Intelligence Training - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security Investigations, Office of Intelligence
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis Certificate Program, California Department of Justice and California University System
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis Training - Classroom Course, Intelligence Analysis Training, Ltd
- Criminal Analysis Courses Phase I and Phase II – National Guard Bureau Counterdrug Program
- Criminal Intelligence Analysis - Anacapa Sciences, Inc.
- Criminal Intelligence Analysis - August Analysis & Research
- Criminal Intelligence Officer/Specialist – SM&C Sciences, Inc.
- Federal Law Enforcement Analysts Training (FLEAT), Four Week Course - Drug Enforcement Administration
- Florida Law Enforcement Analyst Academy Training - Florida Dept of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
- Foundations of Intelligence Analysis Training (FIAT), LEIU and IALEIA
- Foundations of Intelligence Analysis Training (FIAT), National White Collar Crime Center (40 hour course)
- Intelligence Academy - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
- Intelligence Analysis Certificate Training for Law Enforcement – Simon Fraser University, Police Studies Program – Criminology 908
- Intelligence Analyst Training Program (IATP) - Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), Department of Homeland Security, Glenco, GA
- Intelligence Basic Course - Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Introduction to Criminal Intelligence Analysis for Central America (Introducción al Análisis de Inteligencia Criminal para Centroamérica) - Justice Education Society (JES)
- Introductory Intelligence Analysis Training Program (IIATP) - Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), Department of Homeland Security, Glenco, GA
- Operational Analyst Course – Republic of Panama, Public Security Ministry, National Police
- Police Basic Intelligence Course – Republic of Panama, Public Security Ministry, National Police
- Short Course in Intelligence Analysis - 4Knowledge Analysis Solutions
- Strategic Intelligence Analysis - (SIAC) Canadian Police College
- Tactical Intelligence Analysis - (TIAC) Canadian Police College
- British Colombia Institute of Technology (BCIT) - FSCT 8436 - Introduction to Crime and Intelligence Analysis
For further information on certification course review requirements please see the Course Review Requirements document.